Experience The Gem-Like Shores of Door Bluff County Park
Our Door Bluff tour is one the best tours we offer; picturesque, quaint, and off the beaten path. This tour provides a rich history of Door Bluff as well as the mesmerizing natural beauty of the water and bluffs.
First, guests will visit the historic Schooner Fleetwing shipwreck. Then cruise over to marvel at the hidden Native American rock art tucked away on the side of the bluffs. No experience is necessary to get the full experience and enjoy this paddle.
While paddling, guests sit front and center to beautiful scenery such as Washington Island, Gills Rock, and the infamous Port des Morts (Death’s Door). Tours will paddle around the bend and view the Door Bluff Headlands lookout from the water.
This tour is perfect for the history buff, the nature enthusiast, or the adventurous spirit. This two hour tour just scratches the surface of the deep-rooted history and beauty of Door Bluff. For a more in depth tour check out Door Bluff County Park Shipwreck 1/2 Day Kayak Tour!
- Where We Meet
- We meet you at the boat launch 1310 Garrett Bay Rd, Ellison Bay, WI 54210
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled tour time!
- Port a potties provide a changing space and restroom use prior to tour.
- What You Should Bring
- Light layered synthetic clothing / Swimsuit
- Optional Add-Ons
- Bottled water ($1/ea.)
- Purchase waterproof phone case ($10/ea.)
- Paddling glove rental ($5/pair)
- Photography package ($20/person) — Nothing solidifies memories quite like photographs. A land-based professional photographer captures your experience! Your photographs are available for digital download on dcphotofun.com within 24 hours of your tour, and if your photographs aren’t delivered for any reason, you are issued a refund.
- Cancellation Policy
Cancel your tour 48 hours prior to the tour start time to receive a 100% refund.
Weather(Wind/Waves/Lightning) related cancellation options: (chosen when booking)
- I have no flexibility to reschedule if weather doesn’t cooperate (+$5/person 100% refund)
- I would reschedule to a different day if weather doesn’t cooperate (100% refund after exhausting 1 reschedule opportunity)
- I would reschedule to a different tour if weather/wind/waves aren’t appropriate for my chosen tour (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
- I would reschedule to a different tour or day (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
If you choose option 2,3 or 4. We only ask you try to reschedule once, if weather doesn’t cooperate the second time, we will issue you a 100% refund or reschedule you again if you desire (not likely as we can usually pick a successful time in a 3 day forecast window.)
We do the best we can to communicate with you prior to your tour time so you can make the most of your vacation days.
We work to be as proactive as possible to let you know ahead of your tour time, so you don’t have to show up to find out. From time to time, we cancel last minute due to weather, but this doesn’t happen often.
If you are traveling from far away just to kayak with us, please reach out the prior day via text or call to talk about the weather.
Minimum tour participants cancellation:
Our tours have a minimum of 4 participants to launch.
- During June/July/August this rarely happens due to our popularity.
- During May, sept and oct, this can happen.
If we don’t have the minimum participants to launch, you have 3 choices
- make it a private tour
- reschedule to another tour time or location to meet minimum
- offer you a 100% refund.