Experience The Gem-Like Shores of Door Bluff County Park
This is one the best Door County tours we offer; picturesque, quaint, and off the beaten path. We see many famous Door County sites as we tour the Death’s Door, including:
- Schooner Fleetwing Shipwreck
- Garrett Bay
- Distant sights of Gills Rock & Washington Island
- Native American Pictographs- this rock art is still visible after all these years.
- The highest natural point in Door County- Door Bluff Headlands County Park
What to Expect
No experience is necessary to enjoy this kayak tour, and Red Cross-trained instruction is provided. We meet at the launch parking lot in Garrett Bay for this tour. Port a potties provide a changing space and restroom use prior to tour. After an introductory lesson and a launch from Garrett Bay (depending on the wind direction), we cruise over the Schooner Fleetwing shipwreck, then head towards the Native American rock art on the side of the bluff towards the Door Bluff County Park. They can be very difficult to find without your kayak guide to spot them. Washington Island, Gills Rock and the infamous Port des Morts (Death’s Door) is in the background. We paddle around the the bend and view the Door Bluff Headlands lookout from the water. Depending on water conditions, we either paddle around the corner for a view down the bay side of Lake Michigan or head back to the launch.
- Bottled water ($1/ea.)
- Purchase waterproof phone case ($10/ea.)
- Paddling glove rental ($5/pair)
- Photography package ($20/person) — Nothing solidifies memories quite like photographs. A land-based professional photographer captures your experience! Your photographs are available for digital download on dcphotofun.com within 24 hours of your tour, and if your photographs aren’t delivered for any reason, you are issued a refund.
- Cancellation Policy
- You have 48 hours before the tour to cancel if you wish to receive a refund.
- If there are strong winds and waves, we try to reschedule your tour to another time. If you do not have other availability, we kayak in a more protected location, like the caves, wetlands, or another bluff location. This happens on about 10-15% of our tours. We are not able to control the weather… yet. We are happy to issue you a return discount to come back if we are not able to safely see your requested tour location.
- If there is lightning/thunder, we try our best to reschedule the tour to a later time or day. If you are not able to make a later time, we refund your deposit.