Experience The Gem-Like Shores of Door Bluff County Park
This is one the best Door County tours we offer; picturesque, quaint, and off the beaten path. We see many famous Door County sites as we tour the Death’s Door, including:
- Schooner Fleetwing Shipwreck
- Garrett Bay
- Distant sights of Gills Rock & Washington Island
- Native American Pictographs- this rock art is still visible after all these years.
- The highest natural point in Door County- Door Bluff Headlands County Park
What to Expect
No experience is necessary to enjoy this kayak tour, and Red Cross-trained instruction is provided. We meet at the launch parking lot in Garrett Bay for this tour. Port a potties provide a changing space and restroom use prior to tour. After an introductory lesson and a launch from Garrett Bay (depending on the wind direction), we cruise over the Schooner Fleetwing shipwreck, then head towards the Native American rock art on the side of the bluff towards the Door Bluff County Park. They can be very difficult to find without your kayak guide to spot them. Washington Island, Gills Rock and the infamous Port des Morts (Death’s Door) is in the background. We paddle around the the bend and view the Door Bluff Headlands lookout from the water. Depending on water conditions, we either paddle around the corner for a view down the bay side of Lake Michigan or head back to the launch.
- Bottled water ($1/ea.)
- Purchase waterproof phone case ($10/ea.)
- Paddling glove rental ($5/pair)
- Photography package ($20/person) — Nothing solidifies memories quite like photographs. A land-based professional photographer captures your experience! Your photographs are available for digital download on dcphotofun.com within 24 hours of your tour, and if your photographs aren’t delivered for any reason, you are issued a refund.
Cancel your tour 48 hours prior to the tour start time to receive a 100% refund.
Weather(Wind/Waves/Lightning) related cancellation options: (chosen when booking)
- I have no flexibility to reschedule if weather doesn’t cooperate (+$5/person 100% refund)
- I would reschedule to a different day if weather doesn’t cooperate (100% refund after exhausting 1 reschedule opportunity)
- I would reschedule to a different tour if weather/wind/waves aren’t appropriate for my chosen tour (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
- I would reschedule to a different tour or day (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
If you choose option 2,3 or 4. We only ask you try to reschedule once, if weather doesn’t cooperate the second time, we will issue you a 100% refund or reschedule you again if you desire (not likely as we can usually pick a successful time in a 3 day forecast window.)
We do the best we can to communicate with you prior to your tour time so you can make the most of your vacation days.
We work to be as proactive as possible to let you know ahead of your tour time, so you don’t have to show up to find out. From time to time, we cancel last minute due to weather, but this doesn’t happen often.
If you are traveling from far away just to kayak with us, please reach out the prior day via text or call to talk about the weather.
Minimum tour participants cancellation:
Our tours have a minimum of 4 participants to launch.
- During June/July/August this rarely happens due to our popularity.
- During May, sept and oct, this can happen.
If we don’t have the minimum participants to launch, you have 3 choices
- make it a private tour
- reschedule to another tour time or location to meet minimum
- offer you a 100% refund.