Take an unforgettable paddle through Wisconsin’s premier wetlands. The flora and fauna combine to form a spectacular experience on this kayak tour for all skill levels.
Sunset Kayak Tour
Location: Gordong Lodge 1420 Pine Dr, Baileys Harbor, WI 54202
- Public Tour
- Private Tour
- Starting at
There’s Nothing Quite Like A Door County Sunset
Imagine, the sky is brilliant with colors of burnt orange and fiery red. The clouds are outlined with energetic shades of pink and purple. Looking down at the water you are surrounded by a crisp, pure reflection of the sky that hangs far over your head. You are experiencing the most vivacious and beautiful colors you have ever seen. Set over the glassy waters of Lake Michigan, you have become one of the few witnesses to Door County’s stunning sunsets.
Get a front-row seat to the world-renowned Door County sunset and better yet, become a part of it from the comfort of a kayak. Our sit-on-top kayaks are stable, safe, and easy to paddle. This is the perfect tour for couples who want to unwind after an exciting day exploring the Peninsula or anyone who appreciates the beauty and serenity of a stunning sunset. It’s a view you are guaranteed to remember for life!
We meet at the Gordon Lodge Beach 15 minutes prior to tour start time.
- Light layered synthetic clothing / Swimsuit
Cancel your tour 48 hours prior to the tour start time to receive a 100% refund.
Weather(Wind/Waves/Lightning) related cancellation options: (chosen when booking)
- I have no flexibility to reschedule if weather doesn’t cooperate (+$5/person 100% refund)
- I would reschedule to a different day if weather doesn’t cooperate (100% refund after exhausting 1 reschedule opportunity)
- I would reschedule to a different tour if weather/wind/waves aren’t appropriate for my chosen tour (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
- I would reschedule to a different tour or day (100% refund if no tours are safe due to weather)
If you choose option 2,3 or 4. We only ask you try to reschedule once, if weather doesn’t cooperate the second time, we will issue you a 100% refund or reschedule you again if you desire (not likely as we can usually pick a successful time in a 3 day forecast window.)
We do the best we can to communicate with you prior to your tour time so you can make the most of your vacation days.
We work to be as proactive as possible to let you know ahead of your tour time, so you don’t have to show up to find out. From time to time, we cancel last minute due to weather, but this doesn’t happen often.
If you are traveling from far away just to kayak with us, please reach out the prior day via text or call to talk about the weather.
Minimum tour participants cancellation:
Our tours have a minimum of 4 participants to launch.
- During June/July/August this rarely happens due to our popularity.
- During May, sept and oct, this can happen.
If we don’t have the minimum participants to launch, you have 3 choices
- make it a private tour
- reschedule to another tour time or location to meet minimum
- offer you a 100% refund.
- Bottled water ($1/ea.)
- Paddling glove rental ($5/pair)
- Waterproof phone case ($10/ea.)
- Photography package ($20/person) — Nothing solidifies memories quite like photographs. A land-based professional photographer captures your experience! Your photographs are available for digital download on dcphotofun.com within 24 hours of your tour, and if your photographs aren’t delivered for any reason, you are issued a refund.