2013 is going to be the summer of enjoyable snacking.
I have been getting excited since tasting an energy bar a friend had made and gave me on a outdoor adventure. Since then, I have researched a number of homemade energy bars and are currently coming up with my favorite bar put together from all of these with a local Door County twist…Door County Dried Cherries. Stay tuned for some exciting experiments with homemade energy bar concoctions this spring! A little sesame joke from one of my favorite comedians, Mitch Headburg, “What is a sesame?”
- Fruit and Nut Bars via the kitchn
- Raw Lemon-Coconut Bars Similar to larabars. via The Mother Nature Network
- Super-Charged Energy Bars via The Never Home Maker
- Homemade Vegan Energy Bar Recipe via The no meat athlete
- No bake vegan energy bars, don’t let those fancy words fool you, yum! via Food Confidence
Let us know: Do you have a favorite energy bar or homemade energy bar you want to try to recreate or some ingredients(dried cherries) you would like to see in an energy bar? We are creating our own version now.